Suggestions for Baptist Institutions
Here are some suggestions for Baptist Identity Series use by Baptist Institutions (Universities, Seminaries, Child and Elder Care, Medical Centers):
- Provide the Baptist Beliefs and Heritage book, the Personal Study Guides book, and a packet of the Baptist Identity Leaflets for each new trustee, perhaps at a time
- Place in the library copies of the Baptist Beliefs and Heritage book and a packet of the Baptist Identity Leaflets.
- Arrange a Baptist identity display and include the Baptist Identity Series in it.
- Make the Baptist Identity Leaflets publicly available in a way to encourage persons to take copies.
- Provide a set of the Series for each administrator, staff member, and other employees.
- Encourage these persons not only to use the materials in the Series personally but to also use them in their church if they are members of a Baptist church.
- Have the Baptist Beliefs and Heritage book available in the institution’s gift shop.
- Post information on Baptist identity on bulletin boards and the institution’s website, using material from the Series.
- Utilize and promote the use of the website www.baptistdistinctives.org.
Universities and Seminaries—utilize the Baptist Identity Series in courses on Baptist history and identity, provide the Baptist Identity Leaflets and the Personal Study Guides book to each new student and to each faculty member, and sponsor a conference on Baptist identity, using the Baptist Identity Series as a resource.
Medical Centers—place copies of the leaflets and the Baptist Beliefs and Heritage book in waiting rooms and chapel.
Child and Elder Care—conduct classes and informal study groups on Baptist identity, using the Baptist Identity Series as a resource.
“…like to share them…”
Baptist Seminary Professor
“The leaflets are exactly what I have in mind. The undergraduate students need something readable, quickly digested, but substantive toward developing their perspectives on Baptist life.”
Baptist University Professor